Permission to Republish Material
Permission to Use, Share or Republish JNS Publishing Group Material
For permission to use or share content from Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing Group, please email the following information to the appropriate contact listed at the bottom of this page. Please note that permission must be secured for use of JNS Publishing Group material, even when such material is available from depositories or libraries or the like. Please note that Pay-Per-View may not be used for any commercial purpose.
Party Seeking Permission: Please provide your complete contact details. If you are seeking permission to use material on behalf of a third party, please identify that party. If you are an original author of the JNS Publishing Group material you wish to use, please state so.
Material for Which Permission is Requested: Please provide complete citation, and/or DOI, and/or web address to the article from which you wish to use or share material. Please specify the material you wish to use or share, identifying our figure or table numbers (and letters, if any) where appropriate. In the case of a figure or table, please be sure to check the original JNS work to determine whether the material may be credited to another party; if so, permission from that party must be secured. It may be helpful to cut and paste the above information into your request document to ensure you provide all needed information.
Details about Your Request, Examples:
- Use a portion or all of an article in a new published work: Chapter or article title, book or journal title, edition, language, and publisher of the new work. If translation rights are requested, please identify language(s). Please state whether the new work will be published under an open access agreement, identifying the party or entity that will pay open access fees, and providing the license type or designation (CC-BY-NC, CC-BY, or other). Please note that use of JNS Publishing Group material in a new work conveys no rights to use the material in subsequently published works. JNS Publishing Group must be credited, and it must be made clear to the reader of the new work that subsequent use of the JNS material requires permission from JNS Publishing Group.
- Use material in an academic thesis or dissertation: Thesis title, name of institution, projected publication date.
- Use material in a branded or unbranded new work intended to educate customers, clients, employees, investors or other stakeholders: Please provide details, number of print copies, number of individuals who will have access to an electronic copy and the basis on which that number is derived. Please state whether the organization on whose behalf the material will be made or distributed or shared is a nonprofit organization, or a commercial entity.
- Use an article for pharmacovigilance or governmental filing purposes: Please identify the commercial entity on whose behalf pharmacovigilance or filings will be made, together with the name of the person to whom the article will be delivered.
- Purchase an article for use by employee(s) of a commercial organization, law firm, research firm, commercial continuing education credit learning, or other commercial entity: Please provide the name of the organization together with the name(s) of the end user(s) if fewer than ten individuals.
- Purchase an article for sharing with more than ten individuals: Please provide details, number of print copies, number of individuals who will have access to an electronic copy and the basis on which that number is derived. Please state whether the organization on whose behalf the material will be made or distributed or shared is a nonprofit organization, or a commercial entity.
Please include any other Notes or Comments you think may be helpful for our review.
Permissions Contact Information
For authors requesting permission for reuse of their own previous JNSPG publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For students requesting permission for use in a thesis or dissertation, please email email@example.com.
All other requests should be directed to Beth Ann Rocheleau at Rockwater, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Rockwater is our authorized permissions agent and fees should be made payable to Rockwater, Inc. on our behalf.
Upon receipt of your complete request you will receive a permission offer document or reprint/eprint order form outlining the fees, terms, and conditions. Non-exclusive rights to use AANS content are not granted.