Guidelines for Videos
Videos that accompany articles will be published on the JNSPG’s Vimeo channel in the appropriate journal collection. A link to the video(s) will appear in the published article.
The presentation and content of the video should be in a style and in terms that will be understandable and accessible to a general medical audience. The main language must be English, but we welcome subtitles in another language.
There is a limit of 2 videos per article. A legend should be included for each video in the manuscript, as well as a callout(s) in the text.
Videos are not considered "supplemental data" and should not be labeled as such.
please note: These guidelines do not apply to video articles submitted to Neurosurgical Focus: Video.
- Video length: minimum 10 seconds; maximum 5 minutes
- File formats: MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, FLV
- Background music: DO NOT include background music in your video, because of copyright laws.
- Patient/participant consent: If the video shows any identifiable individuals and/or identifiable per- sonal details, you will need to upload a completed Patient Volunteer Consent form along with your video.
- Authors may retain copyright of the video(s) by submitting an Original Material License Agreement form.